Candace's Favorite Things

Saturday, July 30, 2011

toASTURDAY'S SPECIAL...(this week)"Candace's Four Keys Successful Weight Managment"

Continuation of our Saturday' Four Week Series....
KEY NUMBER TWO-week number two..(Next. Saturday's Special, TIP #3)

2) Eat or Exercise within an hour of getting up (fuel your metabolism and keep it burning).


EXAMPLE: If you are like me, it’s not unheard of to have to roll out of bed at 5 am. and be down in my gym on the treadmill pumping out a strong 8 mile run by 5:20…I’m going to save that breakfast for as soon as I finish my workout...otherwise, I won’t be feeling so well in short order. I don’t know about you but I prefer to see my breakfast only once and preferably before being eatin!! Then my job is to eat within 45 min. to an hour directly after I’ve finished. If however, you are up at say 7:00 and won’t be working out for at least an hour, well then your job is to fuel your metabolism right away, within that first hour of waking by having a nutritious breakfast. Waiting any longer will teach your metabolism to slow itself down. IN addition, try not to skip predetermined snacks or meals as this will keep your metabolic furnace burning like a towering INFERNO ready to burn up what you give it!! (Diabetics and others with special conditions and considerations will want to discuss this with their doctors as this equation may not pertain to them).

No comments:

Post a Comment