Candace's Favorite Things

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

YOUR MOTIVATIONAL MINUTE: “Results Breeds Motivation” Part I


Another year is rapidly coming to an end and unfortunately for most, the dreams, goals and aspirations they’d set their sights on last Jan. 1st, are hauntingly still outside their reach. This always leaves me with one single, solitary question - "why”?
SO, while I am a staunch, card carrying member of the "One Holiday at a Time Camp", thank you very much - when it comes to goal setting and achieving, there is homework to be done. SO, with that in mind, here is part one, of my two part series, "Results Breeds Motivation"! (Part II will be posted here, this coming Monday Dec. 3rd). Pay close attention and this coming year, your hopes and dreams CAN BE morphed from resolutions into reality!

My job as CEO of Fit Is It, Inc. is multifaceted, and I love it. On any given day, I can be found conducting a private training session, preparing for my live NBC TV news segments, writing an article for publication or teaching a master class - on stage – wired for sound – complete with blaring music and sweat slinging all around. I could also be filming a new video for my Youtube Channel or in a recording studio laying down motivational voice over tracks for my Audio Cardio Itunes Workout Series.

It’s always challenging and always changing and I’ve learned that for me…I NEED to have it that way. It’s why I’m a ‘dyed in the wool’, full fledged entrepreneur. I realized LONG ago, that right or wrong – whether I succeed or fail – I want – no, strike that …rather I ‘NEED’ to be able to control the creative process that encompasses all of what I do in this industry!

Therefore, calling my own shots was the only way I could figure I’d actually be able to not only survive but more importantly, to me…to thrive in it. It’s how I’m wired.
In fact, now days, now that I’ve matured (ie. Gotten older), you could very
easily find me doing a motivational speech where I’m literally pouring out my heart in an earnest attempt to teach others how they too can actually LEARN, as I have - to live their lives with the ‘Energy of Their Full Potential’!! I feel a huge responsibility to share the blessings of what I’ve been fortunate enough to have understood, which is: When you catch the RIGHT vision and know how to nurture it, you’ll achieve things you once thought were totally outside your grasp. It’s amazing, really it is and everyone is capable of it!

For me, I not only had (and still HAVE) a laundry list of things I wanted to achieve, but I had an even larger goal that encompassed them all. I wanted to be able to find a way to continue to be the primary care giver for my two daughters while at the same time, making a reasonable income from actually mastering and or ‘achieving’ the goals that I had previously set for myself in the first place. In other words, I wanted to get paid for conquering a list of things that I loved the idea of doing - while also making an income doing them!!
Lofty I know, but ya know what? Here I sit in my office, which is located exactly where I’d wanted it… in my home and if you read the list of things I mentioned earlier, the things that one might find me doing on any given day, each of those (and many more I haven’t mentioned here) were all goals that I’d set for myself, and now…they’ve all become my reality. They have all been achieved and under the title of my Own Company to boot! Yep, there is a way and I am extremely grateful for the ability and energy to have seen each one of them through! There’s nothing, I REPEAT, NOTHING SPECIAL about me! It’s just that I’ve learned how to exercise my mental muscle and trust me, you can too.
When it all comes down to it, no matter what your goals may be, it all comes back to “THE MIND of THE MATTER”

Next week, I’ll be taking a trip, ALONE… back to our condo in Kona Hawaii for one single week of peaceful solace, prayer and reflection. In short, I’ll be chill’in in paradise (which for me also includes running, swimming and paddle boarding with the dolphins). I need this time to be alone. While I love performing and I'm MORE than a bit of a ham to say the least, at the root of my being I'm an introvert. Surprised? Don’t be, many hams are.

 I love my family. I love my husband. But, while rounding the corner to 51 this Christmas, I’ve learned what I need to thrive and being alone often feels to me, to be the equivalent of oxygen.. I not only covet it, I NEED IT TO SURVIVE!

So - when I feel the need, I take a nice Deep Breath of alone time…even if it’s a 12 hour flight away. This too, used to be a dream, a goal and an aspiration of mine – to have our own place...right on the Ocean, in Hawaii and now, it’s our reality. This too, took an iron will but with "NO" not being a big word in my vocabulary, we landed our dream Kona Hawaii Condo this past summer and both my husband and I are still pinching ourselves. Hard work pays off!!!

What I failed to mention thus far and honestly what spawned the writing of this particular article, is the part of my career that involves meeting with folks one on one , listening intently to their desires and dreams and doing my best to teach them the skills necessary, for them to turn their desires into  reality. This includes the many nutrition consultations I do for clients who hire me to help them achieve their weight loss goals. Or, it could be a for example, the time I recently spent working with a woman who had hired me with the hopes of switching careers and by the fall of that year, to also find herself living out her new life in her new upscale apartment in NYC! I find these challenges fun and FRUSTRATING at the same time. The problem is, they aren’t often willing to do the work necessary to bring their hopes to fruition.   

 These types of appointment, are rather lengthy and for my clients, often extremely emotional. Basically I “Interview” them and then do my best to assess whether or not what they SAY THEY WANT, is really something they’re willing to WORK to the death FOR or let slide when the going gets tough!!! " To the Death " of course is said here fully tongue and cheek ;however, the description properly extends the type of dedication that it takes for one to have their dreams actually realized. I mean…that is what it takes. Am I being a bit theatrical? Not so much. When it comes to achieving what we say we really want in this life, it often means stepping one's foot into the ring and fighting each round to the bitter end. Though the battle may be ugly and in the end, a bit bloody…if we work hard enough to see what we've started, straight through to the end - we’ll always walk away WITH THE CLEAR CUT WIN!

BUT HOW EXACTLY IS THAT DONE? Stay tuned for part II coming Dec. 3rd



No comments:

Post a Comment