Candace's Favorite Things

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

TUESDAY'S TRAINING TIPS- "Baltimore Marathon Participants; TAPER DOWN NOW"!

Ok, because I'm a Professional Marathon Runner and Coach and a sponsored athlete as a member of POWERBAR'S TEAM ELITE - I was guilted by my conscience to also write a quick post for "Tuesday's Training Tips", relating to the Baltimore Marthon. The Race is this Sat. 10/15/11! I've not only run , but also coached races literally all over the world, from Pennsylvania to London and back. Including this one.  I've COACHED this race, I haven't run it though. Because, I do some of the coverage and commentary for NBC each year. Hard to do both wouldn't ya say? LOL
SO, if you live in the Baltimore area. I will be on site at 6:30AM ...doing a live shot at 6:45-7:00AM and answering your tweets about anything to do with running, walking,  and racing marthons including all the elements that surround it. Unless I am live on the air, I'll tweet you right back.
During the 8:50 to 9:00 time slot I will be on the stage at the finish line being interviewed and THEN for the duration of the race....I will be fielding questions for NBC from their live feed....from their website . I will be answering questions at that time from YOU, the viewers. AND WHEN I'M DONE...I'll be doing my commemerative downtown 8 mile run through the city before I go home to pass out. Let's just say....if you're gonna be there..you can find me!

NOW, shorter and sweeter than I have ever written..here it comes for YOU the runners of the race!
It's TUESDAY NIGHT. The Race Is Saturday. That's Three full days from now and then you hit the start line. IF you hope to also cross the finish line....here's my advice. ...(and Please...TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU THIS -IF YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ANYTHING ELSE I EVER HAVE TO SAYAGAIN),
 STOP RUNNING NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's time to taper down and let you body repair and prepare for the grueling task you've set before it.
IF you DO NOT...I may see you on the sidelines instead of crossing the finish line.
You can go for a brisk walk Thursday and Friday....a SLIGHT SLOW two to three mile JOG if you MUST ....tomorrow ONLY!
THAT IS IT. Eat the same amount of calories you usually do...not more, just change those calories to a higher  percentage of Carbs and YES, the kind that make most people run screaming fom their dining room chairs. This is your power food. It's called carb loading. Hydrate well the next few days and get plenty of sleep especially the night...THE NIGHT before the race.
NO, that's not a TYPO. You may toss and turn the night before, (meaning Friday), so still get to bed early..at least you'll be off your feet and your body will be resting. But the Night...the NIGHT BEFORE is Thursday. Focus also here for sleep restoration as you'll probably sleep better Thursday than Friday anyway.
Then get to the start early and make sure you have all of your gear. TRUST ME, Now is the time for rest. If you have messed up and missed much of your training, well...training now ain't gonna fix it. If you're training has been spot on. REST and RECOVER and be like a caged Lion ....well fed, hydrated and Looking to run from a good night's sleep.
Ps. Read below my sign off about tweeting me about the race ...questions about any and everything you still need to know.

So that's My advice. If I were you...I'd take it.
Until tomorrow,
POWER ON,
Coach Candace

Now, back to my gym to finish my training.
(if you have any questions before the race, remember...tweet me at  @CandaceFITISIT  Tweet me before the race if necessary and tweet me after so I know how you did. I really do wanna know...Tweet me now if you'd like and then....get to bed).

No comments:

Post a Comment