Candace's Favorite Things

Monday, October 17, 2011

MONDAY'S MINUTE( from the mountains) " OVER COMING HOLIDAY OVERLOAD" Part I


A little while ago, I stopped to get a cup of coffee at my favorite Java-pushing pagoda. It was there that I realized how far behind the eight-ball I’d fallen yet again.

In my pre-caffeinated condition, I bellied up to the bar and ordered my usual: “May I have a medium, non-fat, sugar-free, Sahara-dry cappuccino?” Sounds impressive, I know.

When my order arrived, I found myself staring at the festive, bright-red, snowflake-ridden vessel that contained my morning wake-up call. As I sipped the frothy concoction, I had a warm, fuzzy feeling as if I had entered some kind of parallel universe where the holidays had arrived. In this quiet nanosecond, the idea of the holidays being thrust upon me rendered a still, calming and cozy effect, all at the same time … How cool!

It was only after a few more eye-opening sips, when the caffeine began to re-boot my mental batteries and I was shaken from my pleasant little reality break, that I realized, “This is no dream, this IS it!” Ho-Ho-NO!

Ready or not, the holidays are here! And I must admit, while this is my favorite time of year, it always brings with it a bit of stress, to be sure.

If we are being honest, there’s even more stress attached to this particular holiday season than the usual concerns about getting our shopping done, making sure our gifts are wrapped on time or having our goodies baked, bagged and tagged before the clock strikes midnight. This year carries a unique, ubiquitous financial frustration. Whether it’s the hit we’ve taken on our investments or just the general concern about where we are headed as we round the corner to an uncertain financial New Year, we’ve got more on our plates to try and digest than just fruit cake and stuffing.

So, what can we do to manage the hectic hustle-bustle that can leave us feeling crazed and out of control? What if I told you that I can help you get your hands on a magic pill? This prescription can help stave off feelings of agitation and fatigue while also reducing emotional eating and the holiday pounds that accompany such activity.

I have a fix for the symptoms of “Holiday Overload Syndrome.” As a matter of fact, it’s effective all year round if used on a regular basis. There’s no shortage of supply, so no need to push and shove or run to the store and wait in line at 5 a.m.

COMING TOMORROW PART II......
"My prescription for Holiday Overload Syndrome”



For all who have asked....YES, I am enjoying my R and R with my Husband on our annual trip to the mountains at Seven Springs Mountain Resort! The leafs are georgeous and it may snow Wednesday...YEAH!
For those wondering about my four week self imposed boot camp while on vacation ...NO PROBLEM. Vacation holds no block for those with determined plans...ever! When people say that it does, well,it's honestly an excuse! Sorry, speaking the truth. IF you want it bad enough...you get it!!!!! PERIOD!!!!
I will be a little more cut and shredded before I leave for Hawaii for my fitness
work trip with much pleasure too of course. SO with a lack of weight training equipment here which was unexpected as they are changing their gym;therefore focusing on extend cardio, push ups and ab training while here. SO...my first hour was at 7:30 this morning and now- well, I am about to enjoy my SECOND HOUR OF
CARDIO TRAINING TODAY!I Must tell you, the first hour was using Elliptical Fit Volume ONE and I kicked my own butt...oh you have to try it. I extended it for an hour by repeating a challenge track as the workout 'as is', is approx. 45 minutes.Now, I will do RUN FIT and do the same;all just Before meeting my husband in the lobby for ONE GLASS of dry wine and a light healthy dinner and much great conversation!
I AM Enjoying the Mountains...and I can't wait to RUN THE ENTIRE MOUNTAIN TOMORROW!WHAT A
RUSH.
Harvest Blessing to you all,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment