Candace's Favorite Things

Saturday, September 24, 2011

"ACCOUNTABILITY NUTRITION CONTRACT"- as seen on WBAL NEWS

If you were just watching My WBAL 11 news fitness segment(NBC AFFILIATE)BALTIMORE, this is…”Our Accountability Weight Loss Contract" I was speaking about for you to Print/Read Carefully and Sigh.
In some of my previous posts, I’ve eluded to the fact that there are times when I find it necessary and substantially beneficial for my clients to sign an “Accountability Weight Loss Contract”. Let’s face it; losing weight is not a fun proposition. In fact, if I’m being completely honest…at times, it can be about as much fun as getting a root canal! Well, maybe not that MUCH FUN, (it helps to laugh). This contract is not for the faint of heart but for those who are serious about making lasting changes that will ultimately bring them to a place where they finally refuse to quite until they achieve their goals. Taking total responsibility for one’s condition and shortcomings is the first step in moving forward in any kind of recovery…..and that’s exactly what this is; recovery from enslavement to the excuses that have held us hostage to a wrong relationship with food. I choose to use this contract when I feel a need to call someone out. When I want to see how serious they are about their desire to do what it takes to reach their weight loss goal. Until now, I have kept this contract available only to my private clients and my online clientele as well. Today, I make this accountability contract available to all of you. IF you choose to sign it you are ultimately making yourself accountable for the choices you are making that are keeping you from achieving what you say you long for. In signing this, it is quite clear that you choose to agree that you will blame NO-ONE, and NO - THING for your choice to misuse food. It also suggests that from the day of signing this contract…You will move forward towards choosing better behaviors that will help you win battle over food and Win the War of your weight loss once and for all. I suggest you copy this. Then read it thoroughly before signing. Finally, tell someone you trust to also read it and tell them about your choice to sign it. That can be the person you choose to hold yourself accountable to. You will notice that I have added some words and in some cases, changed the wording to add other options than “myself” for this purpose. IF however, you do choose to seek my assistance and want to learn more about Fit Is It’s one on one weight loss program and/or, our on line weight loss program…please, feel free to contact me.

I’m on your side and I know you can do this!



So, as always,

Power on!

Until tomorrow,

Coach Candace



I,________________ , hereby agree and commit to taking the following steps toward achieving my weight loss goals. I understand that by being held accountable, I improve my chances of following through with my commitment to achieving these goals.

1. I will not let one small slip-up convince me that I'm stupid, worthless, or a lost cause. I will respect myself by refusing to engage in verbal self-abuse, and I will find positive ways to comfort and support myself when I’m having a hard time. I will find accountability partners to call when I’m feeling a weak moment and/or, I will sigh up for being accountable to Candace’s personalized online Nutrition Coaching Program. I’ll also work to find other ways to self sooth instead of side lining my goals by using food as a comfort. Instead, I’ll only eat when I’m hungry and amounts suitable for my weight loss goals.

2. I will commit to following through with what I say I will do, just as I do with all other activities and commitments that I engage in. If I say that I am beginning a new way of eating and exercising in order to reach my goals and live a healthier more active life, I agree to acknowledge that I am giving myself (and coach Candace if applicable), my “word” as a verbal contract to do so. My integrity is at stake each time that I don’t follow through with what I say I will do; therefore, consciously, I choose to compromise my integrity as a consequence for that type of destructive and self abasing behavior. I will not break my word.

3. I will not sacrifice my own needs to make other people happy, or do for them what they can and should be doing for themselves. When there is a conflict between my exercise and eating plans and what other people want me to do, I will negotiate to find a reasonable solution that allows me to do what I need to do for myself.

4. I choose to be in charge of my own decisions and behavior. I will not talk, think, or act as if my partner, child, spouse, cravings, or subconscious made me do it. I will ask myself what’s most important to me at that moment and make my decision. If I don’t like the consequences, I will try something different the next time.

5. I now commit to finally reach my weight loss goals. Starting today ________, I begin the process that will allow me,(in a healthy and timely manner), to finally reach my weight loss goals. I also acknowledge that it is totally within my power to do so. It is a matter of choice. If I fail, I will now admit, that the failure would be as a result of my choosing to do so.



Candace Grasso

CEO and Founder, Fit Is It, Inc. www.fitisitcardio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment