Candace's Favorite Things

Friday, July 22, 2011

FRIDAY'S FESTIVE FARE..."Protein Pancakes"

                                                                  Protein Pancakes


One of the Nutrition Certifications I hold is with , The American Academy
of Sports Dietitians and Nutritionists (AASDN). This recipe is from our weekly newsletter and
I know it's going to knock your socks off.

Unlike many of my personal concoctions, this one packs a little more of a calorie rich punch...but as long as you keep that in mind - it will fit well within  your daily caloric intake (as it is with all Healthy albeit, Higher Calorie foods).
So do your math as always and then partake of this nutritious PROTEIN LADEN DELICACY!!!
It's by NO MEANS a high calorie food but depending on the servings you chose to enjoy, adjust accordingly and enjoy!
I've also decided that along with this fabulous recipe.... for the next four entries, I'm going to be posting an "easily digestible, four part series called"Candace's Four Keys to Successful Weight Management"!It's always good to run through the basics, just to make sure we're still on course! So enjoy your pancakes in an appropriate serving size, while you prepare to renew your knowledge of the basics for not only successful weight management but of successful weight loss as well.
Tomorrow morning I jet off again. This time, I'll be returning to my new "Kona Hawaii" HOME. I'm heading out to spend a week alone in Paradise. I'll be running and paddle boarding etc. - all the while I'll be quieting  and preparing myself for my upcoming, all woman's Seminar, back here in Howard County on Sept.15th ;"The Anatomy of An Abundant Life". So I hope to be posting the first of my four part series on weight management from there. I'll also post a link to the website where you can learn more about my Seminar at the very bottom of this post in case you'd like more information,details or might want the option to attend.  All are welcome!
Now  LET'S EAT~


INGREDIENTS:

Olive oil spray
3/4 cup quick cook oatmeal
3/4 cup egg whites
1 tbsp fat-free cottage cheese
1 tsp. cinnamon (optional but packed with IRON)
1 tbsp sugar-free syrup
¼ cup blueberries

Mist pan with Olive oil spray. Combine all ingredients and
Pour into small frying pan in pancake form.
When the sides start to brown, flip. Pancakes will need
approximately 3 minutes on each side.
Serve with sugar-free syrup and blueberries.

One Serving is 335 Calories!


ENJOY YA’LL and remember, LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!!!

"THE ANATOMY OF AN ABUNDANT LIFE" Seminar  info -
Chapelgate Church Auditorium- To Register, buy Tickets ($5) or for more information go to http://www.chapelgate.org/pages/page.asp?page_id=224704

Aloha ...Until next time
Mahalo,

Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment