Candace's Favorite Things

Thursday, February 24, 2011

My New Menu Items available at CAFE FRESH WOODHOLME CENTER PIKESVILLE MD.

It's only fair that before I get to post my new menu for the CAFE FRESH RESTAURANT IN PIKESVILLE MD., that I tell you the rest of the story from my last post.It has been so long because I actually couldn't physically write...explain in another post,but nowI have DRAGON SOFT WARE downloaded and I am good to go again. Where there is a will, (in accordance with GOD'S WILL), there's a way.
SO the FLU. How did I finally get mine? Well I still hold to the fact that this had NOTHING TO DO WITH COSMIC PAY BACK as I am still thumbing my nose at superstition. Sorry, but in my book God is in control and nothing I say or do can make or NOT MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN...I'm just saying. So, I woke the morning I was to have a SPINAL DYE GUIDED EPIDURAL for a hurniated disc in my lower back with the worst full on set of the runs, the likes of which I have never seen. TMI ? Hey, you all deserve the truth...gross or not And with my intestinial issues and paralyzed stomach, I'm just about incapable of having that happen. But every 15 minutes starting at 3 AM I was running to the THRONE? SO how was I going to get through a delicate procedure where YOU CAN'T EVEN SNEEZE when here I was diving for the pot with a fury? I had to tell my doctor and we got through it, but wait for it.....Here it comes.
He issued a warning....
"CANDACE, I will do this because I know you have to get through this trip, but here me out. IF YOU HAVE THE FLU, THE STEROID WE ARE USING WOULD CAUSE YOU TO HAVE THE WORST FLU YOU'LL PROBABLY EVER HAVE"!! Considering the fact that I didn't have much to compare that idea to BECAUSE, (should we all say it together?).... I NEVER GET THE FLU. So I told him to hit me any way. ONlY thing was, if he was right, In two days I was to pull off my first "11 FITNESS SEGMENT" for NBC as their new Female Fitness Expert. Something you DON'T CALL IN SICK FOR...not if you want the job that is...and I wanted that TV JOB! Well, you guessed it...Famous last words. I was sicker than I had ever been... before or since. The next day I had a fever of 102 and I was in serious trouble...I couldn't even move. I was vomiting and I am pretty incapable of that so it wasn't pretty when it actually happens.I will leave it at that other than to say that I don't fear too many things...but ever needing to actually vomit again, scares that heck out of me. ENOUGH!!! However, feeling like death warmed over, I got dressed in my cutest fitness gear and my husband drove my to the TV Studio with 102 fever.... (after all, I only had to get
thorough 5 minutes)and I did the segment..smiled like all was good and collapsed in the car and returned home to take my place back in bed!!! SO, for all who were waiting to see that I got mine...there you go. BUT THAT WAS THE LAST TIME, have been exposed a million times since and nothing. After all, I HARDLY EVER .....GET THE FLU!
POWER ON,
UNTIL NEXT TIME...
ALOHA AS I AM WRITING YOU FROM MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME....KONA HAWAII


LEAN LINE MENU
BY CANDACE GRASSO for
CAFE FRESH

St
THE LEAN GREEN
Dr. Oz would be proud of this NEW, bright green, nutrient rich and
invigoratingly fresh tasting, veggie juice smoothie.
This beauty packs a ton of flavor without a ton of calories...only 45 per
serving!
Spinach, parsley, Celery & Cucumber (natures POWERFUL diuretic and
anti-inflammatory).... topped off with
a fresh lemon squeeze WILL HAVE YOU COMING BACK FOR MORE; AND FOR ONY 45
CALORIES....GO FOR IT!







THE LEAN MEAN PIG~OUT SOUP
This soup has been a favorite of my clients and mine for years....now my
secret "PIG OUT" SOUP has been made available for you too, through Cafe
Fresh! Prepared with Sodium Free Beef Stock and seasoned with Sodium free
spices, we've done our best to bring this cozy, comfort food to you in the
healthiest way possible and with so few calories, you can literally PIG~OUT
and not gain an ounce.
ONlY 25 Calories per 8 ounce (1 cup) Serving....WOW!



THE LEAN SOUTHWEST
This traditional breakfast fare is a part of my personal healthy eating
plan... Morning, Noon and Night! Egg whites with caramelized onion, sweet
bell peppers and button mushrooms. Topped with a generous dollop of fresh
salsa! Bring it on!
Total calories for this protein rich dish... A whopping 140, MAX!
~ Add veggie cheese, 195 Cal.
~ Add a whole grain, low carb wrap...195 Cal.
~ Add wrap and cheese, 240 Cal.


LEAN SPRING TUNA SALAD
An American standard that if watching your health OR watching your weight,
when eating out....you best stand clear of this menu item. Unless of course
you're ordering from the LEAN LINE at CAFE FRESH. Served on a fresh bed of
lettuce, a fresh scoop of light tuna is chocked full of veggie goodness
including lots of lettuce, diced red bell pepper, radish and capers for a
tasteful flare. Tossed with just the right amount of NO FAT Mayo and a touch
of Balsamic, bring this dish together for a light and healthy tuna you can
be proud to partake of!! Fresh sliced cucumbers adorn this dish bringing it
to Only 150 Calories max.

THE GRILLED LEAN PANINI WRAP
What do you get when you take a 45 calorie moist and tasty whole grain wrap,
stuff it full of Lean turkey breast, a slice of veggie cheese...add strips
of mushroom and crunchy bell pepper, AND
Slap on the Panini grill till the cheese oozes out? A DELICIOUS, LOW CALORIE
DELIGHT!!!!
Served with a side of BROCCOLI SLAW and you have an offering fit for a king,
with a calory count meant more for that of a pauper...




Candace Grasso

No comments:

Post a Comment