Candace's Favorite Things

Friday, September 7, 2012

THIS WEEK'S MOTIVATIONAL MINUTE: " ME - and The Dolphin"

                                           
 
Just another day in my blessed, Abundant LIFE...
Me - and the Dolphin!
 
I'd been out for about an hour on my paddle board ....having launched it from the King Kam. resort yesterday (Oh, sorry..Kona Hawaii that is ), when what had to be at least a Hundred  ( more like hundreds...) or more dolphin appeared- all of a sudden and out of nowhere! I mean I had thought I was seeing them before when out paddling - but it always turned out to be a group of scuba divers or snorkeler's fins instead . I'd always been left a bit disappointed-BUT Not this time. I'd squinted my eyes for a better look but by then, there was no more reason to try and sharpen my vision . What I thought I might have been seeing was so VERY real.
There were so many.. I literally lost my breath.
It wasn't my skewed  view..it was a mass of rolling fins instead. I mean they were EVERYWHERE; very close but also as far as I could see.
 
 They were to the right and to the left, in front of and also behind me.
Then I became aware of a few that had decided to come and swim right beside me.  I looked down  and there were three - two  Large ones on my right and a smaller one to my left. They were soooo close it became very  apparent...they were playing not only beside me,  BUT WITH ME.

 I could clearly see their color and their rubber like skin.I could hear their sounds as they spoke and not only heard, but felt the air that they spewed .
They just swam and hung with me there. We were playing together, they had invited me in!
  They were so close that at times I  became concerned that I might hit them with my  oar! There I was....  ME -on my board, in the middle of the ocean with a HUGE , MASSIVE SCHOOL OF THEM...just hanging out together! They Jumped and dove and their babies twisted as they seemed to fly through the air.  I cried and laughed and prayed the whole time! REALLY THIS WAS SO OVERWHELMING. The sheer number of them and how vulnerable I was and the closeness that they chose to claim with me WAS beyond a miracle!

This event has no doubt changed me..that's how amzaing this display of God's handy work was!!! This undeserved glimpse of glory will be a  part of me as I move on from here forever...entered into my memory bank  and filed under  "my life's most ABUNDANT MOMENTS"!

  I've heard over and over again from my other paddle boarding cohorts , that the dolphins will eventually come to swim with you..."You just wait CANDACE- they just love to come and swim with P.Boarders. It'll happen. We aren't obtrusive and they like the frequency of the paddling -  it makes us  seem to be a bit LIKE THEM"!
Well this was more than I ever could or would have imagined! Now all I can think about,  is when can I get back out there again. I now have some new, very good Hawaiian friends - 'ohana' really (family)!They live in the ocean and God willing, I'll be back very soon to play with them!

Remember to always live life with the Energy of your FULL POTENTIAL....
Until Next time...
Mahalo
Candace

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment