Below is a list of the benefits of exercise during injury, check it out ….
1) OXYGEN RICH BLOOD PROMOTES HEALING; Exercise increases the blood flow to the injury, increasing oxygen flow to promote healing.
2) CLEANS YOUR WOUNDS; Increased Oxygen rich blood flow actually SWEEPS debris away from and brings IMMUNE-SYSTEM CELLS to clean up the injured area!
3) EXERCISE PREVENTS ATROPHY; Keeping muscles around the injury stimulated through appropriate exercise, prevents muscle atrophy and scar tissue from forming and possibly anchoring a joint, often permanently, such as FROZEN SHOULDER syndrome.
1) EXERCISE releases the chemicals; endorphins, adrenaline, serotonin and dopamine. Creating a MOOD –RAISING CHEMICAL HIGH!
2) POST EXERCISE mood benefits also include a real and tangible sense of accomplishment!! Often producing a “RAY OF HOPE” that greatly eases tension and elevates mood by “feeling yourself” again.
SO, though you may find yourself side lined by injury, you need not sit out the entire game!
Until next time...
Whatever you do, keep moving!